Saturday, April 20, 2013

Doctor Who: Hide

Hide by Doctor Who Spoilers

Summary of my thoughts on "Hide": Finally.

If you have been reading my other posts that started with my thoughts on "The Snowmen," you will knw that I haven't quite enjoyed any of the episodes from then on, which has made me so very sad.

But this episode, guys...ahhh. This episode was so good. It was the Doctor Who that I--and I assume most others--know and have come to love. Not only was the plot interesting, but it was thoroughly creepy, and it had real, unforced tension. I got goosebumps several times, and the hair on the back of my neck literally stood up every time that freaky little monster came into view. Plus, this episode had a cute little surprise ending that made this eerie story a little bit lighter.

There was also a lot more flirting between Clara and The Doctor, and...I think I'm starting to be okay with it. God help me.  It was the cute little high fives that did it. I just can't help it. I also couldn't help but notice that there seemed to be several references to this thing between the two of them becoming love.
 "This isn't a ghost story; it's a love story."
"You are the only mystery worth solving."
Subtextual love. Ooh.

There wasn't much that stuck out to me as a clue to the story arc, but I did have an un-enlightening realization: Clara only wears the colors red and blue (excepting black accessories). I'm not kidding, go ahead and Google all of the episodes that she's in; she only wears red, blue, or a combination of the two. Meanwhile, The Doctor never wears his red or blue bow tie anymore...Coincidence? Prossibly (the love child of probably and possibly), but I hope not because I just want to have some clever observations for once.

That's all I have for this week! Please please please leave a comment below and come again for my thoughts on next week's episode, "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS." Thanks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment