Saturday, March 30, 2013

Doctor Who: The Bells of Saint John

Warning: spoilers, sweetie. 

Imagine a really cool image from this episode right here. Are you doing it? Good, because Flickr's being a pain in my tuchus. Thanks for understanding.

Tonight marked the much anticipated return of Doctor Who with 'The Bells of Saint John." And when I say much anticipated, I mean it. I might have done something crazy if it hadn't returned any sooner...

Anyways, I went in ready to find out some more important pieces of the puzzle about Clara/Oswin and to hopefully enjoy another great Who adventure. I regret to say that I was disappointed on both counts, boys and girls. Not only do I feel even more confused about Clara, but I also thought the story a bit like an elephant dart to the face dull. Not that it was terrible, but with Steven Moffat writing it, I was hoping for something a bit less "meh." However, this does not stop me from listing a few of my thoughts:

-The new theme is awesome; I love how it's quite reminiscent of the themes from episodes of classic Who. I know that because I'm just so retro.

-It's official: I like the new TARDIS interior. I was a bit skeptical about it after watching the Christmas Special, but I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy the dark and so very "alien" look to it. Its move away from the more stylish version that we saw before and truly marks the end of the Pond era.

-I was pretty thrilled that the book that the book that the girl in the episode was reading was written by Amelia Wiliams. Less thrilling was Clara's response when the girl told her that she was on chapter ten: "Eleven is the best. You'll cry your eyes out." Eleven is the best. You'll cry your eyes out. It's like Moffat enjoys our sadness. Just kidding, I crossed that out because I know he does. That little sadistic [insert insulting name here].

-How "Run you clever boy and remember" relates to anything at all is driving me crazy! Why can't I be a clever boy girl and figure it out? Gahhhh. You would think that all those times watching and stressing over Moffat's other heart breaker would increase my powers of deduction. Not so.

Well, that's just about all that I have on this one! Hopefully next week I'll have something new for "The Rings of Akhaten."


WAIT WAIT WAIT! Are you guys aware that David Tennant and Billie Piper are coming back for the 50th Anniversary Special?! Seriously, between the options of YES! and YESSSSS!!!, are you super excited?!

Okay. Now I'm really done.

If you guys have anything to add--opinions, theories, anything!--go ahead and leave a comment; I love hearing from fellow Whovians! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment