Friday, January 25, 2013

Liebster Blog Award


Oh my gravy, where to even start? 

I'm so surprised pleased that Sarah @ Book-A-Holic nominated me for this award (be sure to check her out)! I've only been blogging since October 2012, so this was a wonderful surprise for me!





Rules of the Liebster Blog Award:


1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.


Questions from Sarah
1. Why did you start blogging?
 Well, I currently plan on becoming an editor, and I received some advice from someone that starting a blog is excellent experience and, if well done, will look very good on an application someday. I can't say that my inner narcissist wasn't keen on the idea, either!

2. If you could meet any author alive or dead who would it be and why?
I would want to meet Oscar Wilde, for sure, because he's a bit of an idol of mine. I adore his writing style, and I believe that he honestly had some of he best thoughts on life, and I would love to pick his brain.

3. What is your favorite novel that you were forced to read in school?
Well, as odd as it sounds, I would have to say that Animal Farm by George Orwell was my favorite, though a close second would be Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. 

4. If you could travel to any world from a book which would it be and why?
I would definitely want to go to Hogwarts, or anywhere in that world for that matter because, let's face it, being a wizard would be way cool. 

5. If you could be friends with any book character who would it be?
I would be friends with Sherlock Holmes, without a doubt. Honestly, I'm so jealous of Watson!


6. What is your favorite color?
Purple...and sparkle. 

7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is interacting with my followers and getting to hear (errr....see) their thoughts and feedback. 

8. What is the one thing that bothers you most in books (pet peeve)?
I can't stand when you stumble upon elements in a book that add nothing to the story and were clearly thrown in there by the author to come across as "deep."

9. What was your favorite book of 2012?
My favorite book of 2012 would have to be The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory.

10. Have there been any books that you have read recently that have surprised you? Which ones?
I was surprised in a not-so-good way by The Casual Vacancy written by J.K. Rowling because it wasn't as good as I expected it to be, even though I tried my darndest to not have high expectations.

I was also surprised in an excellent way by And Then There Were None written by Agatha Christie because it was one of the most thrilling reading experiences ever and it truly had me guessing until the very end.

11. Who is your number one book boyfriend?
This is such a hard question! I'm going to have to break the rules a little bit and list a few! I quite love Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice.

Random Facts About Me


1. I love food. If I could have three wishes, I think that one of them would be devoted to being to eat all I want without getting fat. 
2. Half of the words that come out of my mouth tend to be movie or TV quotes.
3. I'm obsessed with Doctor Who, and I often try to convert people to Whovians so that I can have fulfilling geek discussions on it. 
4. Someday, I'd really love to live in the UK for a period of time. I mean, those accents...need I say more?
5. I firmly believe that, deep down, everyone loves Titanic. 
6. If I ever stop loving Disney movies, I want someone to put me out of my misery ASAP.
7. I LOVE the Christmas season!
8. I will watch anything with Leonardo DiCaprio in it because I'm pretty much in love.
9. I wish I could sing, like, so badly. I do anyways, but it would be nice not to break the eardrums of anyone within hearing distance.
10. I crack myself up on a way too regular basis. It's honestly a little worrisome.
11. My ideas of fun are probably quite different from those of many others, but I still love to have it! Life is short!

My Nominees
Crystal @ Hopelovenfaith
Brittany @ Bluegrass Birdie

My Questions


1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What are some things you get a little too geeked up about?
3. What are some of your favorite movies?
4. What do you like to do when you're not blogging?
5. What's your biggest pet peeve?
6. What are some things you like about blogging?
7. If you could gain any ability in the world, what would it be?
8. What fictional character would you like to know in real life? (doesn't have to be from a book)
9. What's the craziest dream that you've ever had?
10. What are some of your favorite books (this is a hard one, I know!)?
11. On a scale of 1-10, how nerdy and/or geeky do you feel that you are?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering my questions ^.^
    Keep up the awesome work on your blog, totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!
    http://frombowstobooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete