Saturday, November 10, 2012

As of 11/10/12

Currently Reading


Thanks to a lovely trip to my local book store, I now have more books! I picked up Murder on the Orient Express, And Then There Were None, and The Body in the Library, all by my new found love, Agatha Christie, as well as The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory.

Now let's move aside for a miniature rant on the beauty of buying used books. If I had bought all of these beauties at their regular list prices, I would have spent over $40, which really isn't that bad considering that would average out to be about $10 per book. But I know you're all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting to hear just how fantastic this bargain is, and I won't tease you any longer...$14.31! That's right folks, let it soak in; I only spent a grand total of $14.31 on four books, one of them (TKD, which also cost the most at $8.50) having just come out in August! Seriously, if you don't already shop at a bookstore that offers used books, find one. It's almost like that moment in Beauty and the Beast when the Beast (why doesn't he have a name?) gives Belle that library. Almost.

Any who.

I've decided that I'm going to take The Kingmaker's Daughter and Murder on the Orient Express on first, with hopefully some book reviews to follow them shortly!


No comments:

Post a Comment